Communication and the environment
This diverse research theme focuses on the many facets of communication in the discussion and presentation of environmental science.
Climate change and climate policy are considered as a part of this research theme, along with broader environmental and ecological considerations such as introduced or invasive species, conservation efforts, land use and clearance and pollution.
Our research investigates:
- How has climate communication in the public arena changed over time?
- What are the best methods for broad, inclusive, meaningful environmental and climate
- How can ‘unconventional’ communication methods (such as art or theatre) be used to
- improve environmental communication efforts?
- What effects does involving citizens in hands-on environmental activities have on
- environmentally responsible behaviour?
- What are key characteristics of successful environmental communication enterprises?
- What role do trust and values play in successful environmental communication?
Contact theme convenor Dr Rod Lamberts for more information or click on the other tabs to find relevant people, projects and events.