Dr Will J Grant is Lecturer, Researcher and Graduate Studies Convener at CPAS.
Will's research and writing has focused on the intersection of society, politics and science, and how the relationships between these are changing with new technologies.
- Mewburn, I, Grant, W, Suominen, H et al 2018, 'A Machine Learning Analysis of the Non-academic Employment Opportunities for Ph.D. Graduates in Australia [IN PRESS]', Higher Education Policy, vol. online, pp. 1-15pp.
- Amarasekara, I & Grant, W 2018, 'Exploring the YouTube science communication gender gap: A sentiment analysis [IN PRESS]', Public Understanding of Science, pp. 1-17.
- Linvill, D, Boatwright, B & Grant, W 2018, 'Back-stage dissent: student Twitter use addressing instructor ideology', Communication Education, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 125-143.
- Vilkins, S & Grant, W 2017, 'Types of evidence cited in Australian Government publications', Scientometrics, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 1681-1695.
- Linvill, D & Grant, W 2017, 'The role of student academic beliefs in perceptions of instructor ideological bias', Teaching in Higher Education, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 274-287pp.
- Mewburn, I, Grant, W, Kizimchuk, S et al 2016, 'The use of machine learning to analyze job advertisements for doctoral employability', Quality in Postgraduate Research (QPR) 2016, ed. Michelle Picard, Alistair McCulloch, QPR - Quality in Postgraduate Research, Australia, pp. 184-184pp.
- Welbourne, D & Grant, W 2016, 'Science communication on YouTube: Factors that affect channel and video popularity', Public Understanding of Science, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 706-718.
- Shah, M, Grant, W & Stocklmayer, S 2016, 'Farmer innovativeness and hybrid rice diffusion in Bangladesh', Technological Forecasting and Social Change, vol. 108, pp. 54-62.
- Mewburn, I, Grant, W, Suominen, H et al 2016, 'What do non academic employers want? A critical examination of 'PhD shaped' job advertisements for doctoral employability', Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) Annual International Conference 2016, SRHE and Open University Press, unknown, pp. 3pp.
- Grant, W & Walsh, E 2015, 'Social evidence of a changing climate:Google Ngram data points to early climate change impact on human society', Weather, vol. 70, no. 7, pp. 195-197.
- Shah, M, Grant, W & Stocklmayer, S 2015, 'Farmers' perception of risk in cultivating hybrid rice in Bangladesh', South African Journal of Agricultural Extension, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 17-29pp.
- Shah, M, Grant, W & Stocklmayer, S 2014, 'Underlying reasons for non-adoption, disadoption and continuing adoption of hybrid rice in Bangladesh', Rural Extension & Innovation Systems Journal, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 11-21.
- Shah, M, Grant, W & Stocklmayer, S 2014, 'The influence of technological attributes and growers' satisfaction with household consumption of hybrid rice in Bangladesh', Bothalia, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 2-19.
- Shah, M, Grant, W & Stocklmayer, S 2014, 'Adoption of Hybrid Rice in Bangladesh: Farm Level Experience', Journal of Agricultural Science, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 157-171.
- Shah, M, Grant, W & Stocklmayer, S 2014, 'Determinants of farmers' decisions in adopting hybrid rice in Bangladesh', Journal for International Agricultural and Extension Education, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 1-3.
- McKinnon, M, Orthia, LA, Grant, WJ & Lamberts, R 2014, 'Real-world assessment as an integral component of an undergraduate science communication program', International Journal of Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 1-13.
- Walker, G, Stocklmayer, S & Grant, W 2013, 'Science Theatre: Changing South African Students' Intended Behaviour Towards HIV AIDS', International Journal of Science Education. Part B: Communication and Public Engagement, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 101-120.
- Grant, W 2013, 'The Role of Science and Technology in Public Policy: What is Knowledge for?', in John K Gilbert and Susan Stocklmayer (ed.), Communication and engagement with Science and Technology. Issues and Dilemmas, Routledge Taylor & Francis Group, New York/Oxford, pp. 59-73.
- Grant, W, Moon, B & Busby Grant, J 2010, 'Digital Dialogue? Australian Politicians' use of the Social Network Tool Twitter', Australian Journal of Political Science, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 579-604.
- Grant, W 2005, 'The Space of the Nation: An Examination of the Spatial Productions of Hindu Nationalism', Nationalism and Ethnic Politics, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 321-347.