SCOMaganza! 2017 is an all day event featuring short talks from CPAS researchers on their exciting science communication research.
- 9.00 Rock up, grab a coffee, have a chat, find a seat
- 9.20 Director’s Welcome - Professor Joan Leach
- 9.30 Session 1: Sci com interventions in the formal education space - Jennifer Colley, Mita Anggaryani, Inez Harker-Schuch
- 10.45 Morning Tea
- 11.15 Session 2: Towards evidence-based science policy - Michel Watson, Tangyao Zhang, Sam Vilkins
- 12.30 Lunch
- 1.30 Session 3: Rethinking science media and public communication - Jenni Metcalfe, Tara Roberson, Imogen Brown
- 2.45 Afternoon Tea
- 3.05 Session 4: Communicating about biological threats - Ian McDonald, Lindy Orthia
- 3.55 Formal Close - Professor Joan Leach
- 4.00 Drinks
- 5.00 Special Evening Seminar: Showing Science - From the Sublime to the Ridiculous, Professor Graham Durant AM
It's free, catered, public and guaranteed to be fun and informative.
See you there!