Lindy is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the School of Sociology, within the Research School of Social Sciences in the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences.
From 2007 until early 2021 she was a Senior Lecturer in science communication at the Centre for the Public Awareness of Science within the ANU College of Science.
Lindy completed a Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences at La Trobe University then came to ANU to undertake honours in plant systematics, based at the Australian National Herbarium, CSIRO. She commenced a PhD in plant systematics but soon transferred to a PhD in science communication in 2005, graduating in 2010. Realising much of her work took a historical approach, she undertook a Graduate Certificate in History from 2013-15. Prior to studying science, Lindy was an activist who spent much of her time researching, writing and agitating in regard to diverse political issues, working in student representative and community organisations.
Professional Awards and Honours
- 2020 Winner: College of Science Dean's Commendation for Excellence in Education for Programs that Enhance Learning (Team)
- 2014 recognised as Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- 2013 Winner: Vice-Chancellor's Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2013 Winner: ANU Commendation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning
- 2012 Winner: Colleges of Science Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2009 Winner: ANU ResearchFest Award for Excellence in Tutoring or Demonstrating