Our mission at the Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science (CPAS) is to encourage a confident democratic ownership of modern science here in Australia and internationally by increasing science awareness in the community, fostering public dialogue about science, and improving the communication skills of scientists.
As part of this, we’ve established a Podcast Studio open to staff and students throughout ANU (not just scientists!) to record and grow podcast series. Your success is our success: we want to help you make the biggest and best podcast series in the world.
What we provide
- The CPAS Podcast Studio is set up as a four mic desk (expandable under certain circumstances to six mics). We’ve got mics, memory cards, a multi-track recorder and the desk and the room. All you’ll need to bring is yourselves (and a computer to edit and upload). The room and equipment will continue to evolve into the future - if there’s stuff that would really help your podcast series, let us know and we’ll think about it! The equipment has to stay in the room, it can’t be taken out (sorry).
- The room will start as a business hours room, but over time we are happy to discuss out of hours access.
- We’re also very keen to provide advice and guidance, on story-telling, brand, recording techniques and sound engineering - or anything else you’re wondering about.
Who can use it
- The Podcast Studio is open to staff and students throughout ANU, in any discipline or area. Got a podcast concept? We’re here to help!
- Boring grown up stuff: we will reserve the right to refuse access to the room if you’re naughty / planning to record anything odious. More precisely: we’ll expect everyone to follow the ANU Code of Conduct.
How to book and use