SCOMaganza is a great community gathering day for the Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science, featuring short talks from our students on their exciting science communication research.
It's free, catered, public and guaranteed to be fun and informative. Please RSVP via Eventbrite for catering.
- Chris McGillion, Dissemination through demonstration: communicating agricultural science to subsistence farmers in Timor-Leste
- Christiane Gerblinger, The Language of the Rebuffed: Rhetoric, Expertise and Policy Advisers
- Rhedyn Ollerenshaw, Zoo design: connecting zoo visitors with conservation messages
- Peter Russ, Towards the development of a trivium approach to science communication evaluation
- Imogen Brown, Scientists in Kids TV Shows
- Nic Badullovich, Climate change and framing
- James Ansell, Communications around a disease that may not exist- using ‘Lyme Disease’ in Australia as a case study for developing communication practises in complex, controversial and uncertain circumstances